Sunday, March 5, 2017

Meeting you're inspirations

One of the biggest highlights from the festival, was that I got the chance to meet one of my favorite artists, Michael Dudok De Wit. His short-film, "Father & Daughter" was one of the main inspiration for my graduation movie. He was there to screen his acclaimed feature film, "The Red Turtle", and also do a Masterclass. 

As you can imagine, it was like Michael Jackson was at the festival and I thought I wouldn't get to meet him. 

But as luck would have it, he wandered over to my space at a directors dinner on Friday. I tried not to geek out too much and make him uncomfortable since he doesn't like to be in the spotlight too much. Thus I kept my questions to a minimum, and in the end asked him for an autograph which he was kind enough to give me!

I don't get to meet my inspirations too often, but I'm really happy to know that Mr. Dudok De Wit is as much of a humble and kind person as I thought he would be. 

Ps: I'm totally gonna laminate this picture!!


No comments: